Willow Haven Outdoor WINTER Trade Blanket Reunion: JANUARY 18 & 19th
January can be a pretty brutal month in the Midwest. Prevent catching Cabin Fever by attending a Willow Haven Special Winter Event – the Winter Trade Blanket Reunion. This is not a traditional survival course, but rather a unique mix of scheduled workshops focusing on a variety of survival and bushcraft skills, arts and crafts. It’s a great time to get together with past and future Willow Haven attendees, strap on your survival knife and immerse yourself in the skills of our ancestors. It’s also a chance to brush up on some Survival Skills with personalized instruction from Willow Haven Instructors.
ScheduleLOCATION: Anderson, IN – our 21 Acre Survival Training Property Attendee Limit: 35 people Arrival & Set-up: Thursday 12 noon – Friday 10am Event Hours: Friday 10am-6pm, Saturday 10am-6pm Departure & Tear Down: Saturday 6pm – Sunday 12 noon
- Adult Price (18+ yrs old): $75 per day Each (plus applicable local and state taxes)
- Minor Price (10 yrs – 17 yrs): $50 per day Each (plus applicable local and state taxes)
- You can cancel for a FULL REFUND up until 14 days before the event. There will be a $25 cancellation fee per person after that.
What exactly is the Trade Blanket Reunion?
This event is an opportunity to return to (or visit for the the 1st time) Willow Haven in a more relaxed atmosphere. Though we will be teaching new (and reinforcing previously learned) survival skills, the main focus of the event will be to visit with other attendees and to practice survival skills. There will also be a focus on Bushcraft & Survival Themed Arts & Crafts. In the spirit of the historical Native American Trade Blanket, if you or your family make or have any goods (ie: carved spoons, wool, paracord bracelets, knives, any other new or used survival gear etc.) either new or used that you’d like to offer for trade or barter with other attendees then feel free to bring them along and display them at camp for all to see.
Highlights of the Trade Blanket Reunion
- Flint Knapping Workshop: Learn flint knapping skills from a Master Flint Knapper – Make your own arrow head & learn about how flint and other rocks were used by primitive cultures
- Gourd Container Workshop: Carve and paint your own Gourd Bowl or Gourd Canteen & Learn about how gourd containers were used by natives
- Grapevine Basketry: Make your own Grapevine Basket from wild grapevine you harvest right here at Willow Haven
- Throwing Arts: Make your own Small Game Throwing Stick (Rabbit Stick) and practice using it
- Paracord Workshop: Learn how to weave paracord into bracelets, lanyards, keychains, gun slings and more!
- Spoon Carving Workshop: Learn the art of spoon carving!
- Practice your Fire By Friction Skills at our Bow Drill & Hand Drill Fire Stations
- Brush Up on previously learned knots and learn a few new ones.
- Work One-on-One with Willow Haven Instructors to hone specific skill sets
- And more – Daily Schedule will be posted closer to the event for those of you who may wish to only attend 1 day.
- 2-Person Private Bunk Rooms (6 available)
- Community Bunk Room
- Campground / Camping
- We do have indoor Restrooms/Showers
- Dinner Friday and Saturday Night will be provided
- You will be on your own for Breakfast and Lunch on both days. You are more than welcome to bring your own food and the town of Anderson, IN is conveniently located just 5 miles from our facility.