Oh yes I did! My apologies in advance to all of you BOV Purists out there – I had to do it. I just couldn’t stop myself. I know, I know… the original bad paint job would have blended better in a crowd of vehicles over the camo. But trust me, this thing isn’t going to blend in after I’m done with it anyway. For those of you who need a reminder what the truck looked like prior to this step then here are a few photos below. The first is when I first got it. The second is after a few exterior upgrades. The third is how it looks during this post.
Keep in mind that the photos below are still a work in progress. This is not the finished truck by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, this new camo pattern isn’t even done yet. There is an entire other layer that goes on next. I’ll give away a hint at the end about that. I decided to go with a vinyl wrap for the camo. I paid a little extra for a matte overlaminate to reduce glare. I’ve always liked the desert camo colors so decided to go with a color scheme in this family. I also decided to go with a big chunky pattern. Everything about this truck is big and chunky so the new camo feels right at home. Oh, and I mounted a tire to the Warrior Products spare tire mount. A tire shop down the street had this one laying around and I picked it up for just a few bucks. They were glad to get rid of it. Again, I painted the rim with black grill paint.
Below is a photo series of the exterior updates…
Don’t forget, I still have the matte black bed cap that goes on back. Below are a couple photos to tease the next phase. HINT: These are matte black vinyl decals I hand cut myself.
Let me know what you think. I’ll keep the updates coming. I wish everyone an amazing New Year. As for me – I better get this thing ready!!! This could be the year of the Great Bug Out.
Remember, friends, it’s not IF but WHEN!