This course is designed specifically for those who have already attended our standard SurviVacation Survival Course and our SurviVacation Course must be completed before registering for the SurviVacation II. If you enjoyed your survival experience at Willow Haven but aren’t quite ready to rough it for 3 days in the woods with just your knife then SurviVacation II is just what you are looking for.
Like our Standard SurviVacation, this course is designed to feel like a Weekend Get-Away. You have the options to stay in our beautiful rustic themed 10,000 sq. ft. lodge. We have 6 outdoor themed 2-person private bunk rooms and also a community-style bunk room for larger groups. Or, choose to camp in one of many areas on our secluded 21 acres. Again, enjoy our indoor restrooms and showers as well as kitchen, tv/lounge area, classroom and of course the Willow Haven Survival Gift Shop.
At this point you have an incredible survival knowledge base, but don’t worry – there is plenty more to learn! Look at SurviVacation II as an opportunity to reinforce the skills you’ve already learned AND learn even more advanced skills.
So what exactly can you expect from the SurviVacation II Survival Course?
ScheduleLOCATION: Anderson, IN – our 21 Acre Survival Training Property Arrival & Set-up: Thursday 12 noon – Friday 10am Survival Instruction: Friday 10am-7pm, Saturday 9am-7pm, Sunday 9am-12noon Departure & Tear Down: Sunday 12 noon
- Adult Price (18+ yrs old): $379 Each (plus applicable local and state taxes)
- Minor Price (14 yrs – 17 yrs): $179 Each (plus applicable local and state taxes)
- You can cancel for a FULL REFUND up until 14 days before the event. There will be a $100 cancellation fee per person after that.
Here are some high-lighted skills that you will learn:
- Advanced Survival Fire
- You will carve your own Bow Drill Set from scratch!
- Introduction to the Primitive Hand Drill
- Learn how a FUNGUS can be your best FIRE STARTING TOOL!
- Reinforce Fire Skills Taught in Standard SurviVaction
- Advanced Survival Cooking
- You’ve identified Wild Game and Wild Edible Plants & Roots, now learn how to harvest and cook them with limited tools using a fire that you build
- Make an Open Fire Roasting Spit to cook wild game
- Learn how to cook underground in an Earth Oven
- Learn how to make primitive JERKY so that no meat goes to waste!
- Learn how to cook fresh caught FISH in a variety of ways.
- Advanced Traps & Snares
- Learn more Traps and Snares including the Figure 4 Deadfall and Paiute Deadfall.
- Build a survival fish trap
- Reinforce Survival Knots & Ropework
- Small Game Processing
- Learn the basics of Small Game Processing with a FLINT CUTTING TOOL that YOU MAKE- this does include killing and field dressing a small game animal (OPTIONAL). These animals will be eaten. A different activity will be provided for those who do not wish to participate in this Small Game Processing.
- Advanced Survival Hunting
- Make your own Small Game Throwing Stick (There will be a target competition!)
- Advanced animal tracking / Animal Sign awareness
- Experiment with and use other Willow Haven Hunting tools including atlatls, bow & arrow, sling-shots and blow guns
- Advanced Natural Navigation: Learn advanced survival navigation techniques using plants, wind, stars and the sun
- Advanced Survival Fishing: You know how to make fishing line and primitive fish hooks, now use them to CATCH YOUR OWN FOOD. Other primitive fish techniques also discussed.
- AND MORE!!!!
SurviVacation Special Features:
- Dinner provided Friday Night and Saturday Night
- Saturday Night Survival Movie
- Evening Outdoor Campfires
- Hiking Trails & Camping Areas
- Lodge with TV, Fireplace, Kitchen, Private Bunkrooms, Restrooms & Showers
- WillowHaven Survival Store
- Knife Sharpening Station
- Lounge area with tons of Survival Related Materials, games, books, magazines, etc…
- Visiting with other attendees & learning from each other
This course is First Come First Serve and I am limiting the number of attendees for a more personalized experience.
SurviVacation II FAQs:Do I need to have any Survival Experience to attend a SurviVacation II Clinic? You must have already attended our Standard SurviVacation Course. There are also no special physical requirements. Do I need to bring my own food for the meals not provided? You can either bring your own meals or you can go pick something up in town. While you will feel completely secluded at our retreat, we are conveniently located only 5 miles from many restaurants and convenience stores in Anderson, IN. You are more than welcome to bring camp meals and a cooler to prepare your own meals at your camp-site. You can also use our kitchen as well which has a range, fridge w/ freezer and microwave. We also have prepackaged snacks & drinks available at a nominal fee. Can kids come? Yes, this is a family friendly clinic. We do ask that children be at least 13 years of age, however. All minors must be accompanied by an adult. Can I camp? Yes, we have 21 acres. Just find a spot. Most course attendees camp. We have several designated camping areas or you can make your own ‘back-country’ style. We do have an indoor bunk house as well and several private bunk rooms. You will need to bring your own pillow, linens and blankets. ‘Loaner’ wool blankets are provided. Do you have shower and restroom facilities? Yes. We have all of the modern amenities. Both the Men and Ladies restrooms are equipped with a shower and, of course, hot water. Do you provide any evening entertainment or activities? Each Saturday night we show an outdoor Survival Movie (weather permitting). We also have an awesome lodge with fireplace, seating area, television and all of the survival materials you could possibly want. You can read our books and magazines, practice knot-tying, use our knife sharpening station or just hang out by the fire place and chat with other like-minded preppers. You can also shop the WHO Survival Store. We also have a large outdoor campfire ring. This is certainly an evening ‘watering-hole’ for many. Do I need to bring and gear or items with me? Yes, we will provide you the materials list in your Course Information packet (mailed 1 month prior to your course date). It is not an extensive list at all. We provide most everything you will need. Your “bring with you list” is comprised mainly of your own personal items such as sleeping bag, shower items, clothing, etc… Do I need to sign a waiver to take the course? Yes, we do require that all students sign a Waiver of Liability. It is a very basic standard form that you would expect to see with any adventure themed course or event. It will be included with a self addressed stamped envelope in your Course Information Packet after final payment and registration. Because we will be working outside with primitive tools we take every measure to ensure a safe and responsible training environment. Each course begins with a Risks and Tool Safety Discussion. Are there any items I cannot bring to the course? Yes, we do not allow alcohol, illegal drugs, or pets at any of our training clinics. Smoking is allowed but not inside of the lodge.
Any questions? E-mail email@example.com or call 317-703-9655