Today, ArtofManliness.com published an article I wrote titled How To Field Dress a Squirrel. In this article, I walk readers through a step-by-step way to field dress a squirrel. If you are interested in knowing how to do this or would just like to see how I like to do it you can read the article by clicking on the link below:
Here is also a link to a related article I wrote titled 2 Tricks to Spit-Roasting Small Game Over an Open Fire that you may find interesting.
This squirrel had a beautiful thick hide. I took it to a local taxidermist to be tanned so that I can use it as well. As soon as he gets it back to me I will post some photos of it here for you to see. As you will see in the instructional photos I skinned the squirrel in what is called a TUBE and the hide is almost fully intact. I can readily use it to make a pouch or container. I haven’t yet decided exactly how I will use it but it will not go to waste.
Remember, it’s not IF but WHEN,
- How to Bug-In: What You Need to Know to Survive a Grid-Down Disaster
- How To Make a Wire Small Game Snare For Your Survival Kit
- Artofmanliness.com Runs Creek’s Survival Tampon Article
- Bug Out Bag Article Featured on Artofmanliness.com
- How to Build a Get Home Bag (GHB): When you’re away from home and things get CRAZY!