Hello everyone – just thought I’d share some cool news with you. I’m on the cover of STAY ALIVE! Stay Alive, the annual issue from Living Ready, offers year-round survival and preparedness information for everyday readiness. This is a great issue packed with all kinds of different articles. Thanks to everyone over at http://www.livingreadyonline.com!
For those of you who have been to Willow Haven you may recognize the background in the photo. That’s our urban disaster classroom, or what I typically refer to as the Book of Eli house. That old house has been the backdrop to so many photos for me. It has a ton character. Most people wouldn’t be that thankful for an old run down destroyed house on their property but I guess I’m weird like that. It’s been a huge blessing to me.
My Dad recently gave me one of his old ARMY shirts that he wore while in the service many years ago which I’m wearing in the photo. It’s used and abused but I love it. You can’t see it that well but it still has a patch with his last name on it over the chest – STEWART. I think that’s pretty cool, too. Of course, I’m sporting my Blackbird survival knife with Hedgehog sheath. The pack I’m wearing is my Get Home Bag – the Maxpedition Falcon II. I love that pack. I’m also sporting the Bug Out Bandana from our store and my favorite vest of all time under my shirt from http://www.filson.com – the Oil Tin Cloth Vest. I have beat that vest to death and it looks better now than the day I bought it.
Below are several of the article topics in the magazine. It’s definitely a good read if you get a chance to pick one up. They’re at all major bookstores and also on the news stands at many grocery stores as well.
- The Top 50 Items: What Disappears After an Emergency
- Post-Disaster Tools
- The Modern Air Rifle as a Legitimate Survival Tool<
- Best Survival Knives
- Generator Basics: Considerations Before You Buy
- Space Blanket vs. Sleeping Bag Showdown: Which One Will Keep You Warmer?
- Customize Your Bug-Out Vehicle
- Survival Firearms: Six Requirements to Understand
- Water: Procure and Purify
- Food Storage: Solid Advice on Storing Food for the Long Term
- Preserve Your Garden Bounty
- Sustainable Feast: Grow Your Own Food and Take Control
- Backyard Foraging: Identify Common Edible Plants
- Survival Hacks: Household Items Transformed into Survival Gear
- Fortify Your Home
- Emergency Lighting
- Trick Out Your Phone as a Multi-Tool
- Easy Knife Sharpening: Use This Trick
- Know Your Knife Rights
- Medical Know-How
- The Day the Cell Phones Died
- Be a Hard Target: Awareness is Key to Avoiding Danger
- A True Story of Surviving the World’s Worst Hurricane
- Photo Essay: Tiny Houses
Anyway – just thought I’d share this with you! Have a great week and stay in touch.
BTW – I started an Instagram account for those of you who use Instagram. I’m trying to share more survival-esque photos of things you might find interesting. My account is http://instagram.com/creekstewart if you’re interested in following.
Remember, it’s not IF but WHEN,