Learn the art of knapping glass from flint knapping expert Ed Mosher.
In this 4 hour Willow Haven Outdoor Exclusive Course you will learn how to take a piece of trash (the bottom of a glass bottle) and knapp it into a Survival Arrowhead. The sky is the limit once you learn the basics of flint knapping from an experienced knapper.
Learn abrading, shearing, spalling, percussion flaking and pressure flaking. We provide all of the tools. Whether this is your first time knapping or you have some experience – a good time will be had by all – and you’ll leave with amazing skills and knowledge passed down from our ancestors. Stone tools is what put man at the top of the food chain.
- Learn knapping basics from an experienced pro
- Knapp your own piece of artwork (arrowhead) from the bottom of a glass bottle
- Hang out with other like-minded survivalists
- Limit 10 people per course for a more personalized learning experience
- Course Price: $48/person
What you need to bring:
- 2-3 bottle bottoms: The bottom of wine bottles, beer bottles or thick glass bottles work well. There shouldn’t be any huge dimples or divets in the bottom – just a nice flat chunky bottom. If you don’t know how to break out the bottom – no worries – just bring the whole bottle!
- Eye Protection: Bring some protective eye wear. If you don’t have goggles or shop glasses we’ve got some loaners just in case.
- That’s it! We’ll provide the rest!
How to sign up???
- Complete the registration form below. This form reserves your spot for 7 days. After you submit the form we will send you an on-line invoice to pay within 7 days. Once this is paid we will send you a full course packet via email. This packet will contain everything you need!
- All course participants must sign our Standard Liability Waiver. This will be included in the course packet.
- Questions??? Email to email@example.com